Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tanzania 2010

Wednesday, September 08

We wanted to end our time with the children so went to the Children’s Center this morning. I remember from last year how difficult it is to say goodbye to the kids.  I can still see them running after us down the road. Fortunately today we left as they were eating their porridge which made it a little easier. There were lots of kisses and hugs. We brought lollipops for the children which is a very special treat. We had a big laugh because in Swahili a lollipop is called a pipi!! (yes, pronounced pee pee)

I received a special gift today. When I arrived at the Children’s Center, Katherine told me that Calvin had returned. (I talked about him in my first visit to the Children’s Center). Calvin’s family had returned to the area. He remembered me which made the day even more special.

We are having a meal at Deli Chez as our farewell tonite but agreed to return to the TAFCOM office to say our goodbyes in the morning. We returned to our hotel, ventured across the street for lunch at the Petras Café. I then took a nap, went to the gym for the last time, met up with Danstan to buy some art and then went to Deli Chez for dinner. Nie and Jonas came with their sons, Jovin and Joseph. Farryl, Molly and Mona were also there. We had a wonderful time. After dinner, Mona, Megan and I went to the Kindoroko for a night cap!

No comments:

Post a Comment