Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tanzania 2010

Sunday, September 05


To Neema orphanage with Farryl and Mona today. We took 1.5 liter water bottles for bowling plus bean bags. We played with the infants first. I have become attached to Deborah and spent most of my time with her. I fed her again and she was far more comfortable with me this time. We ate a delicious lunch with the sisters and then spent the afternoon playing with the 2 year olds. They were too young for organized play but enjoyed filling the botles with dirt and rocks and then shaking them like musical instruments.

We rode back to town (45 minutes) in the back of a pickup truck with a priest and 2 nuns in the front!! Kili was out today and was the clearest I have ever seen. Words cannot define how majestic this mountain is.

We all went to Nie and Jonas’ for another amazing meal. Jonas’ mother is visiting and remembered me and Lee Ann.

No comments:

Post a Comment