Thursday, September 9, 2010

Tanzania 2010 - Farewells & Thank You's


Thursday, September 09

We spent the morning at TAFCOM saying goodbye. Nie and Jonas gave us both a beautiful piece of batik material and a card. I got a pair of moonstone earrings (from Haley and Reagen’s store) for Nie and wrote a note for her and Farryl.

Jonas,Me,Nie,Megan,Beatrice,Teddy
It was very kind of Ibra to take us to the airport and wonderful to see him again. I have worked out all arrangements necessary to return and may be able to work for him in exchange for room and board which would be awesome.

As always goodbyes are not easy. Knowing I will return to Moshi makes it a bit easier.  Again this has been a life changing event.

This trip would not have been possible without the love and support of my children. As children they each gave me a special gift. Neal taught me the true meaning of unconditional love and during my time in Moshi my heart just seems to open wider every day. The generosity of these people in spite of their poverty is awe inspiring. Their kindness comes from the deepest level and is part of who they are, not a random act on a certain holiday.

From Lee Ann I learned that life is meant to be enjoyed and to her I give gratitude for I never would have come to Africa if she had not had the experiences she had here. My first trip with her re-awoke the free spirit that had been subdued for so many years and gave me the confidence to know that I could take risks and enjoy the rest of my life feeling the wonders of truly being alive.

This place feeds my soul and I feel like I am becoming the person that I was meant to be. I am leaving a huge chunk of my heart here but know that I will return to reclaim it again in the near future. In Nie, Jonas and Ibra I have found 3 of the most amazing human beings I have ever known. I am so incredibly grateful...

No comments:

Post a Comment